Emergency Action Plan
The information contained in this section is meant to guide our employees in the event of an emergency.
A. Emergency Coordinators
The Emergency Coordinators are responsible for coordingating all emergency response measures. An Emergency Coordinator will be on the premises or available to respond to
an emergency within a short time. The Emergency Coordinator has the authority to commit resources needed to carry out the Emergency Action Plan.
Announcement of Crisis
Only Emergency Coordinators are authorized to evacuate the department involved. The intercom system in the plant can be accessed from any phone by dialing "8888".
Announce all emergency messages calmly - twice - before hanging up.
|Mark Donahue||Plant Director|
Cell Phone: 515-333-0527
|Joe Keena||Assembly Supervisor |
Cell Phone: 515-201-7021
|Matt Herr||Maintenance Supervisor|
Cell Phone: 515-201-1107
|Pete Kallash ||Waukee Director|
Cell Phone: 515-238-1483
B. Key Employee Extension Numbers & Phone Numbers
|Pete Kallash ||8297||515-238-1483|
C. Area Coordinators
In the event of an emerggency it is the responsibility of each Area Coordinator to implement any procedure needed. It is the responsibility of each Area Coordinator to assign
a back-up representative who will coordinate crisis management in the absence of the Area Coordinator. For the manufacturing area, Department Supervisors will serve this function.
|Engineering/Model Shop||Paul Ihn||8355|
|Model Shop||Colby Grabill||8361|
|USI/General Products||Darla Smidt||8450|
D. Severe Weather Plan
In the event of a tornado, tornado warning or other severe storm, the Emergency Coordinators are responsible for implementing the storm sheltering procedures.
Storm Sheltering Procedures
Severe Weather Procedure
- Implementation made by Emergency Coordinators
- Announcement made by Communication Network
- a. PLANT COMMUNICATION
- i. PRIMAER: Intercom or "page" system announcement
- ii. Work-of-Mouth
- b. OFFICE COMMUNICATION
- i. PRIMARY: Notification from Human Resources to the Area Coordinators via phone
- ii. SECONDARY: Word-of-Mouth
- Evacuation of ALL employees, contractors and visitors to designated "Safe Area". (See"Safe Area" designations)
- Supervisors should verify, as quickly as possible, the location of all employees from their areas.
- Supervisors should report any missing persons to an Emergency Coordinator as quickly as possible once conditions are safe.
In the event of severe weather, the decision to close the plant/offices shall be made one of the Executives. In the event of a plan/office closing, notification will be made to
KCCI Channel* who is partnering with the Des Moines Radio Group, radio stations 93.3 FM, 940 AM, 1350 AM, 103.3 FM and 104.1 FM.
SEVER STORM/TORNADO SAFE AREA
- Learning Center
- Engineering Offices
- West Hallway by Office Employee time clock
- Office Lunch/break room
- File room in Finance
- Human Resources
- Purchasing Offices
- Plant Lunch/break room
- Basement room behind Lunch/break room
- Paint area
- Waukee Lunch/break room
For Additional Safety Information visit: